My Challenge Programme (Programme)
Terms and Conditions (Terms)
Please read the following Terms carefully. These Terms apply to the Programme offered by Dealer Co (NZ) Limited (trading as Challenge) (Challenge). The Terms may be amended by Challenge from time to time by updating the Terms on Challenge's website. Your continued participation in the Programme means you accept any amendments to the Terms.
1.1 In these Terms, unless the context otherwise requires:
Card means a card issued for the purposes of the Programme or other form of identifier used in the Programme as determined by Challenge in its sole discretion.
Goody means Goody Limited.
My Challenge Partner means the community organisation or organisations nominated by a Participating Challenge Retailer as eligible to receive donations from Participants in accordance with the Programme.
Participant means you.
Participating Challenge Retailer means any Challenge service station in New Zealand that is participating in the Programme as notified by Challenge from time to time.
Points mean points collected from Qualifying Purchases that can be applied towards redeeming a reward;.
Promotional Material means any additional information relating to the Programme provided by Challenge from time to time.
Rewards means the then current collection of rewards made available under the Programme as determined by Challenge from time to time in its sole discretion.
Qualifying Purchase means the purchase of goods or services (as determined by Challenge, from time to time, in its sole discretion) from a participating Challenge site, excluding tobacco products, Lotto tickets, scratchies and any other items sold at the Lotto counter in any Participating Challenge Retailer. And any other product determined by Challenge in its sole discretion.
2. The Programme
2.1 Participants will be issued a Card in order to participate in the Programme. Participants may begin collecting Points immediately upon receipt of the Card. In order to redeem Rewards, Participants must register in store or online at https://member.goodycard.co.nz/account/register.
2.2 Goody is the software technology provider to the Programme. In order to participate in the Programme you must become a registered Goody Member. By becoming a registered Goody Member, you also accept Goody's Members Terms and Conditions (available online at https://goodycard.co.nz/terms-and-conditions).
3. Conditions of Participation
3.1 Participants agree to be bound by these Terms and any other requirements set out in the Promotional Material relating to the Programme. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the Promotional Material, these Terms shall prevail.
3.2 Only individuals may participate in the Programme.
3.3 The Programme is only available at Participating Challenge Retailers.
3.4 Points are non-transferrable, and will not be awarded for purchases made using fuel cards, including without limitation Challenge gift cards, Farmlands cards, Farmlands Fuel cards, MTA vouchers, Caltex Star Card, Cardlink, Rockgas Cards, or supermarket dockets.
3.5 By participating in the Programme, Participants give Challenge permission to contact them about current promotions (without limitation, including any material in relation to the Programme). These promotions may be subject to additional terms and conditions (where applicable).
3.6 Participants will not breach any law in participating in the Programme.
4.1 Points will be collected for Qualifying Purchases and recorded by Challenge in its system. Challenge makes no representations or warranties as to the storing of Participants' Points, and is not obligated to provide any information in relation to the Points to Participants.
4.2 Challenge reserves the right to determine the number of Points that will be awarded for any Qualifying Purchase without notice.
4.3 Points collected by a Participant will remain valid for 2 years from the date the relevant Points were awarded. Any expired Points will be removed from the Participant's account.
4.4 Challenge reserves the right to deduct any Points that:
(a) are recorded in error;
(b) it suspects to be fraudulently recorded or obtained; or
(c) are rewarded in relation to a transaction which was cancelled, voided, refunded or reversed, as determined by Challenge in its sole discretion.
5.1 A Participant who has accumulated sufficient Points may use their Points to redeem a Reward.
5.2 The number of Points required for the redemption of a Reward claimed by a Participant will be deducted from the Participant's account, with the oldest Points being deducted first.
5.3 Points cannot be used for, or towards, the purchase of tobacco products, Lotto tickets, scratchies or any other items sold at the Lotto counter in any Participating Challenge Retailer and cannot be exchanged for cash.
6. Fuel Discounts and My Challenge Partner Donations
6.1 As a part of the Programme, Participants are entitled to fuel discounts as set by Challenge from time to time in its sole discretion. Challenge may set maximum and minimum thresholds for fuel spends for which any fuel discounts may be applied to (in its sole discretion) and amend such thresholds from time to time without notice and these may differ in relation to the different types of Cards.
6.2 Any fuel discount offered under the Programme cannot be used in conjunction with any other fuel discount voucher or arrangement.
6.3 At the times determined by Challenge in its sole discretion, Participants may elect to donate all or 50% of the total amount of the fuel discount in any purchase to one or more of the Participating Challenge Retailer's My Challenge Partners. For the avoidance of doubt any amount of the fuel discount donated to My Challenge Partners will not be able to be used by Participants for fuel discounts.
6.4 Challenge makes no representations or provides no warranties as to how My Challenge Partners use any fuel discounts they are donated.
7. Use of Personal Information
7.1 Participants grant Challenge the right to collect personal information for the purposes of marketing communications and conducting the Promotion, and may disclose such personal information to third parties. Participation in the Programme is conditional on providing this personal information.
8.1 Any dispute relating to the Programme shall be referred directly to Challenge for a decision. Challenge's decision shall be final and binding.
9.1 Challenge reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Programme or a Participant's account at any time without prior notice.
9.2 Challenge will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with participation in this Programme or the suspension or termination of this Programme.
9.3 To the maximum extent permitted by law, all representations and warranties, whether or implied and whether arising under any legislation or otherwise, as to the condition, suitability, quality, fitness or safety of any goods or services supplied in relation to the Programme are expressly excluded.
9.4 Failure by Challenge to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
9.5 Challenge's decisions in connection with all aspects of the Programme are final.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as preferences for our services
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Register and win promotion
Summary: Register with My Challenge before 31 October, 2018 and go into the draw to win one of five $100 fuel vouchers.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
- The Promotion is to go in the draw to win one of five $100 fuel vouchers (“Promotion”).
- The Promotion begins at 06.00am am on Monday 3 September and ends at 11.59 pm on Wednesday 31 October 2018 and is available by registering for the My Challenge Programme, in-store at participating Challenge retailers or online at mychallenge.co.nz(“Promotion Period”).
- The Promotion is offered by Dealer Co (NZ) Limited of 101 Naylor Street, Hamilton East, Hamilton, 3216, New Zealand (“Promoter”).
METHOD OF ENTRY, ELIGIBILITY
- The Promotion is open to everyone over the age of 16 who is a New Zealand resident and who registers for the My Challenge Programme during the Promotion Period.
- Entry into the Promotion is automatic upon the completion of a My Challenge registration.
- Employees of Challenge Retailers and Dealer Co (NZ) Limited who are Shareholders are in eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of an entrant’s eligibility if there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the promotion and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
PRIZE AND REDEMPTION
- There are 5 $100 fuel vouchers to be won during the Promotion Period (“Prizes”).
- Five Prize winners will be drawn randomly and separately by the Promoter. Each Prize draw will comprise all eligible entries received on the date corresponding to that Prize draw. The first valid entry drawn in each Prize draw will win the Prize.
- All Prize draws will be completed by the Promoter no later than 9 November 2018.
- Each Prize will be allocated to the My Challenge programme member associated to that winning entry.
- The Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash.
- Each Prize will be mailed to the winners, no later than 14 days following the Prize winner being notified of his or her Prize.
- Prize winners will be contacted by the Promoter using the email address registered on with the My Challenge programme. If a Prize winner cannot be contacted within 7 days from the date of the prize draw by email, or alternatively the contact details provided on the winning promotion are incorrect, the Prize may, at the Promoter’s sole discretion, be forfeited and re-drawn.
- The Promoter’s decisions on all matters will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason before the end of the Promotion Period and shall not be liable to any participant or Prize winner for any loss or damage incurred as a result.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access telecommunications network services, or any other error or malfunction in respect of the Promotion and any resulting failure to record any eligible entries.
- Except for liability that may not by law be excluded, The Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions and/or this Promotion for any cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by any participant, even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable, and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by New Zealand law and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
- Prize winners consent, and waive all rights (including copyright and moral rights) to the Promoter using the Prize winner’s name, likeness, image and /or voice (including photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion, and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.